PAPERLESS SOLUTIONS STREAMLINES ACCOUNTS PAYABLE INVOICE PROCESS FOR NIXON MEDICAL
Company: Nixon Medical
Headquartererd in New Castle, Delaware and with locations nationwide, Nixon Medical is a leading service provider of medical linens and apparel serving outpatient healthcare and medical centers.
Challenge: Transform Nixon Medical’s Paper System for Invoice Processing
Keeping accurate expense invoice records is essential to Nixon Medical’s success. They must ensure that they are equipped with the right tools and materials to best serve their customers.
Accounts Payable staff were responsible for organizing 300+ monthly invoices coming from various channels, including but not limited to mail and email. Once painstakingly compiled, these stacks of paper would be transferred from desk to desk, making them difficult to keep track of throughout the approval process. Nixon Medical needed a simpler way to manage invoices.
The Solution: Digital Invoice Processing System
Paperless Solutions stepped in to implement an OnBase Invoice processing system, allowing all invoices to be funneled through one channel into an easily accessible system.
Invoices are now scanned in or received via OnBase Outlook email integration and ushered through anywhere from one to five levels of coding and approval. Approved invoice information is then exported into Nixon’s Sage accounting software, where they are batched, recorded and paid. In doing so, Paperless Solutions has simplified a cumbersome invoice approval process with the OnBase software suite.
“Going through Paperless has saved us a tremendous amount of time. [They have] solved the problem of the excess handling the wasted motions.”
Chris Madeksiak, Financial Analyst
Software provided by Paperless Solutions Inc.
- OnBase Enterprise Content Services System
- Invoices received through multiple channels (mail and email) are now automatically stored in OnBase
- OnBase digital invoice coding and approval
- Integration with Sage accounting software
- Funneling all invoices through a single electronic channel has eliminated the time-consuming task of sorting invoices, as well as keeping track of past invoice information
- Employees now have more time to pursue other critical tasks
- Eliminated confusion caused by loss of paper invoices
- Saves county staff time and resources without adding expenses other than initial investment
- Delivers scalable system that is expandable to other counties and areas within the court system
- Generates additional revenue for the state and county